In healthcare, there’s only one thing that’s certain—change. And lots of it! An organization’s ability to respond is mandatory or they risk being left far behind with outdated technology, inefficient workflows, and a shrinking patient base. All healthcare organizations, no matter their size or area of focus, must find new ways to leverage technology to improve the services they provide to patients while decreasing their operational and overhead costs. In response to these mounting challenges, smart healthcare leaders are constantly looking for ways to automate their workforce, eliminate their paperwork, and reduce as many manual inputs as possible!
While other industries have streamlined their workflows, many in the healthcare industry—from appointment schedulers to those responsible for delivering care—are forced to spend valuable time jotting down notes, manually collecting data, playing endless games of phone tag, and wrestling with outdated technology.
Believe it or not, many healthcare organizations are still leveraging fax machines. "Wait, what?!," you might asking at this point. But if you're in healthcare, you've seen it done thousands of times as healthcare organizations of all sizes still send and receive lab orders, take appointment requests, and collect other important documents required for appointments via archaic devices. Once an old-fashioned fax is received by an organization, a slew of manual processes kick in to save the document electronically while staff are forced to manually enter the details into an EHR or spreadsheet for tracking. Meanwhile, team members have to find the proper healthcare professional to perform the service, check their availability, call them (and maybe 15 others!), email the assigned person the faxed document, and share other pertinent patient information so the appointment can be completed. All the while, the organization or provider that faxed the document in the first place has no visibility into whether the patient has been seen! Crazy, right?
Well, sit down, because it gets worse. Once the faxed info is in the hands of the healthcare professional, the servicing organization is practically blind to the status of the appointment until the that person checks back in with a phone call, email, or text once the appointment is completed.
By now, you get our point. The need for greater innovation in healthcare is often talked about, but the reality is that many healthcare organizations are lagging far behind and are in dire need of a makeover, complete with more automated, efficient, and secure processes.
This where Workpath comes in.
Workpath technology was created as the solution to help healthcare organizations bring their dusty old operations into the 21st Century by automating the way appointment information is sent and received. Workpath's healthcare partners use a special service request form, that is customizable and sharable, to securely receive patient information, appointment details, and attached documents via an electronic portal. Once a new service request is submitted, the information is seamlessly transferred to the professional who will be performing the services. Yeah, that right...no more of those silly fax machines, time consuming email chains, endless phone tag, or clunky spreadsheets are required!
Check out some other Workpath perks that are changing the game for healthcare organizations by eliminating paper-based forms, eliminating the need for redundant data entry, and eliminating one-way communication processes. Workpath provides partners the ability to:
· Automatically update all parties involved in care delivery in real-time.
· Improve the accuracy and the timeliness of data collected through mobile applications.
· Leverage shareable Service Request Forms to electronically receive work requests from customers in a HIPAA compliant way.
· Utilize the power of one central scheduling platform to reduce the number of phone calls, emails, and faxes that administrative staff have to sift through.
· Tap into automatic messaging capabilities to eliminate time spent communicating appointment details with your labor.
· Track all appointments in one place with real-time status updates so you never miss a thing.
· Use procedure Intelligence to customize supplies needed and step-by-step instructions for each service to better control quality in the field.
· Improve appointment compliance by sending patients automated confirmation, reminder, and real-time status messages via text and email.
· Save time through the use of intelligent matching technology that keeps track of certifications, licenses, or specifics for all services and members of your workforce.
· Leverage geolocation features to offer labor all of the information they need for an appointment — such as the estimated mileage to an appointment based on their current location, the ideal route to reach the appointment in time, and the actual mileage that it ultimately took to deliver care to the patient.
· Eliminate time spent searching for staffing availability by allowing mobile users to input their working availability directly in the Workpath app so that Office users can view that availability at any time.
· Eliminate time by scheduling recurring appointments and shifts through the Workpath dashboard.
· Eliminate time spent preparing reports by leveraging Workpath’s Weekly Report feature to quickly and easily display your healthcare organization’s most important stats (the number of appointments your team has completed, how quickly each appointment was accepted by your mobile users, the specialists within your network who completed the most appointments, the average mileage driven to appointments, etc).
Visit us at workpath.co to learn more!